Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Antifreeze leakage... Back side of engine. Noticed the

Customer Question
Antifreeze leakage... Back side...

Antifreeze leakage... Back side of engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

Noticed the leakage yesterday... Inspected it.. Coming from behind the throttle body, found a leak but could pinpoint the exact location

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 Ford expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Will fix it myself... If I know where the leak is coming from... It is not the metal tube running to the water pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

One leak I found is from the last bolt on passenger side of the manifold, right by the metal tube that connects to the house running from the heater hose

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

A cooling system pressurizer pump will help you find the source of the leak. Since it is not the heater core feed tube then I would check the intake manifold and its gaskets, The head gasket and freeze plugs back there. Seeing it back there is the hardest part. A flashlight and small mirror will help find the source if you get pressure in the system to make it leak.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris