Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cobra Mustang what would cause it to stall when you push the…

Customer Question
Cobra Mustang what would cause...
Cobra Mustang what would cause it to stall when you push the clutch in. a 98
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
10/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does it start back up at all right away and if you kept your foot slightly on the throttle does it stay running?If so this can be carbon build up in the throttle body bore.I have seen carbon build up cause an issue like this several times in the past before and had to take a shop rag with brake or carburetor cleaner sprayed onto the rag to wipe out the throttle bore and bore plate.This was a common issue.If it does not start right back up or you cannot keep it going with slight pressure on the gas pedal let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete the car will start right back up and yes it will stay running with pressure

O.k.,try cleaning the throttle body bore out with carburetor or brake cleaner sprayed onto a rag using the rag to wipe the throttle body bore clean.If this does not work let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

No go Pete didn't help power steering sensor I'm being told does this sound correct. Were would that be located on the car

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last couple of days.

If you were told the power steering pressure switch this is usually located at the pump itself or in the pressure line feeding from the pump itself to the rack and pinion steering gear.My info is not showing me the exact location but usually a local parts store or dealers parts department can show the location and sell one to you.It is about a half hours labor to have replaced from what I see though.

Yes,this sensor can cause an issue like this.If it is sending a false signal of high pressure this can cause a fault like this here.If it was diagnosed as this sensor being faulty then I would have it replaced.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician