Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 ford f250 7.3 with factory 16" wheels.. trying…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 ford f250 7.3 with factory 16" wheels.. trying to find ford factory rims 18" that will work on my 2000 without spacers, etc. I've been told any rims 00 to 04 will work? also, different opions about the 2005 18" rims whether or not they will work?? thanks..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything.. wanting to find out what will work for my 2000 ford f250 before I purchase rims...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No , that is it .. thanks..

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
10/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

There is not a simple file that says what will work on one vehicle from another vehicle. So we have to do so visually and trying. To my knowledge the body and axle width is the same 98-10 on the super duty. The wheel backspacing should be the same as well. I have a 00, 06, 08 F350, F250, F350 and the wheels are interchangeable on each. Now do realize the tire options available are less with the 18 compared to the 16. They are more expensive, and the carrying capacity is slightly lowered due to the sidewall height being less.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

The information you provided me does not answer my question.

Can you better define your question, I may of misunderstood.

You have a 00 F250 16"wheels and you want 18" wheels. You can get those from any Super Duty up to 2010.