Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had to get a new battery. After they instlled the battery I…

Customer Question
Had to get a...

Had to get a new battery. After they instlled the battery I drove the car home and the key will not come out of the ignition? I was told it was the anti theft device

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Brand new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 Ford Explorer XLT V6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying. We disconnected the battery and you can take the key out. You connect the battery and key is locked into the ignition

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 10 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

Just something obvious is it auto and is it in Park.

it's automatic and it is in park
The car is in park but the shifter is not locked into park.
Please cancel my question. I am not paying mire money.