Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The climate control does not work, the blower works and

Customer Question
The climate control does...

The climate control does not work, the blower works and responds however the rest of the controls do not it seems to be stuck in defrost.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 F150 Platinum

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I brought it to local garage, they did not know what it could be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 10 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

The most common cause for this is the mode door actuator fails. Its fairly easy to replace, accessible from the drivers side of the heater case near the gas pedal. I have seen the mode doors fail internal to the heater case, but the actuator is much more common. The link below contains installation instructions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xn54ec25fjijtwh/modeactuator.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.