Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 F150. i can start my truck in the morning ms…

Customer Question
Second opinion] i have a...
Second opinion] i have a 2005 F150. i can start my truck in the morning ms it drives great. Then after i drive for a while and shut it off when i try to start it again it wont start just turnibg over but wont start. If i let it sit over night it usually start BACK UP AGAIN. Whats wrong with it and how do i fix it?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you know how to check fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse when this happens to see which is missing?

Thats why I'm asking you
Code coming up shows a fault in the Oil Temp Sensor. Could that be it and how do I check it? That kind of makes sense that it starts when the truck is cold but not it you shut it off after warm

Can I get the code number?

To check fuel pressure you use a gauge hooked to the fuel line after the pump and before the injectors.

To check injector pulse a noid light is used in place of an injector, it should flash while cranking.

To check spark you remove a coil and plug, assemble them together outside the engine, ground the plug on the engine, crank the engine and you should see spark.

Once we know which is missing then we can begin to diagnose why it is missing on hot restart.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris