Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed starter motor, and got new battery.Hear clicking…

Customer Question
Changed starter motor, and...

Changed starter motor, and got new battery.Hear clicking sound but car won't crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes. It started the other day, and I drove about 15 miles. When I came out and tried to start it, it was sounding like dead battery. I jumped it. It somehow caught long enough to start so I drove it home. Tried to start it again and it whirred, then just clicked. Changed battery and starter motor, still just clicks, then doesn't even do that. Could it be the starter relay?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Ford?

It's a 2001 ford taurus ses

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the battery, and starter motor.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Monitor battery voltage, it should be at least 11v while trying to start. Let me know, thanks .