Ford

Connect one-on-one with a verified ford mechanic who will answer your question

Ron, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All ford mechanics are VERIFIED
I have a 2006 ford f-150 rwd, 4.2 v.6 standard transmission.
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, master technition
I have a 2006 ford f-150 rwd, 4.2 v.6 standard transmission. The problem I have is the truck doesn't want to turn to the right and then when turning back to the left there is a clunk and then turns fr… read more
Ford F Super Duty: My f-250 super duty with 70000 miles just
tech7027
tech7027, ford mechanic
My f-250 super duty with 70000 miles just started pulling to the right then suddenly to the left on the interstate . It did this for miles until I could get to a shop. I had to slow down and hold on t… read more
I HAVE A 2002 FORD F-350 AND HAVE TO REPLACE FRONT AXLE U-JOINTS
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I HAVE A 2002 FORD F-350 AND HAVE TO REPLACE FRONT AXLE U-JOINTS AND NEED TO KNOW HOW AND WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THEM OUT… read more
77 Ford: replacing..cab..steering box..it has power steering
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
how does one go about replacing a steering coupler (rag joint) on a '77 Ford F-150..Do I need to lower the steering colum inside the cab for wiggle room to get the joint free from the steering box..it… read more
2008 Ford F-150: work truck)..4 new brake pads put..power steering
Ssholar
Ssholar, Team Leader Shop Foreman
Hi, I have a 2008 Ford F-150 p/u truck (work truck). Just had the rotors replaced and 4 new brake pads put on couple of wks ago. Took the truck back to Sears today because I'm hearing what sounds like… read more
1999 F-150: a tie-rod end and put new tires on the truck..speeds..mph
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I have a 1999 F-150 4x4 and just replaced 2 lower ball joints and a tie-rod end and put new tires on the truck because I was getting a bad vibration only at speeds of 75-85 mph. That didn't fix the pr… read more
1999 mustang gt: spark plugs..mile..a 8 bolt crank windsor motor
Jim Chill
Jim Chill, High School or GED
I have a 1999 mustang gt with a 4.6 liter motor. it is spitting out spark plugs. I was going to replace the motor with a 30000 mile 4.6 out of a 2002 f 150. the motor from the mustang is a 8 bolt cran… read more
2004 F-150: persists even when warmed..flush..power steering fluid
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician
Re: 2004 F-150 5.4 L Steering is hard. Especially on cold mornings-but persists even when warmed up. Did flush and replace power steering fluid-maybe helped a bit.… read more
1995 Ford F-350: the power steering..steering wheel..horn
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I have a 1995 Ford F-350 Diesel Truck and the power steering has been loose/sloppy for some time. Just last week, the steering wheel itself became loose so that you can move it back and forth some, an… read more
1994 F-150: 2wd..Turn signals..Brake lights, headlights
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
1994 F-150 2wd 300 I-6: Turn signals stopped working for both left and right; changed flasher--nada; changed 15 amp spade fuse according to diagram--nada. Brake lights, headlights, emergency flasher a… read more
2001 f 150: vibration problem,up to 50 mph it is fine
Ray M.
Ray M., Diesel Technician
i have a 4r70w tranny in a 2001 f 150,i just replace the cone on the tranny and i still have a vibration problem,up to 50 mph it is fine but then starts vibrating bad… read more
2004 F-150: somewhere..the drive line..between 50..60 mph
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
I have a 2004 F-150. It developed a viberation somewhere in the drive line starting last week. It viberates betwen 20 and30 mph but viberates worse between 50 and 60 mph.I have replaced all the brake … read more
Ford Mustang GT: the steering wheel, it..grinding noise..CV..loud
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
With a Ford Mustang GT V8.... When turning the steering wheel, it makes an awful grinding noise as if a CV or U joint were out but it sounds twice as loud and twice as bad... any ideas what it could b… read more
1990 ford F-150: steering column..spring back..push button..crank it
chris
chris, Ford tech at a dealer
i have a 1990 ford F-150 and i need to know what part in the steering column is not allowing the ignition to spring back. somebody put a push button to start it .but the ignition still has to be on be… read more
1977 F-150: coupler..do i need to loosen steering column to remove
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
to replace steering coupler on a 1977 F-150 do i need to loosen steering column to remove old and replace with new?… read more
1955 fairlane: sedan..rebuild..front suspension completly
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
I Have a 1955 fairlane club sedan. im wanting to rebuild the front suspension completly these parts are hard to find is there a way i can do this with parts from a newer model ford… read more
76 ford: steering problems..radious arm bushings were replaced
Geordie
Geordie, Mobile Mechanic
I have had steering problems with my 76 ford 150. ps pump was replaced and radious arm bushings were replaced. It steered okay for a month and now sometimes something "sticks" while turning and you ha… read more
RELAY..SWITCH.AND code PO171&PO174 too .BANK 1&2 TOO LEAN .NEED help
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
WHERE IS THE IFS SWITCH AND RELAY.I AM GETTING A CODE OF RELAY. PO231.IT SAYS I HAVE A DAMAGED IFS SWITCH OR IFS SWITCH.AND CODE PO171&PO174 TOO .BANK 1&2 TOO LEAN .NEED HELP PLEASE111… read more