Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Thunderbird with 100,000 miles. It starts

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Thunderbird with 100,000 miles. It starts right up in the AM.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I inherited a 2002 thunderbird with 100,000 miles. it starts right up in Am, but after it runs a few miles and I turn it off after a few hrs it cranks but will eventually it strts. Nothing shows up on diagnostics. Runs great !! what else can I do???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Thunderbird yourself? What have you tried so far?

No Idont fix cars. I have had it all serviced. throttlebodlyl and fues system cleaned. Was diag with malfunction of anti device system , had it rebooted at dealer problem still exists..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just cranks after you drive it a few miles and then let it sit for a few hours and it then cranks, but will start. everthing else seems OK

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
10/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 11 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Your saying that the engine starts hard when warm?

Cranks over but takes a bit to start?