Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The ole girl bucks as if she wants to quit running, idles up…

Customer Question
The ole girl bucks...

The ole girl bucks as if she wants to quit running, idles up and down, and in general is just plain hard to go down the road. i have replace most of the stuff (vacuum lines, idle air control, water pump, fuel filter) and i'm still having trouble

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

I think external

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1988 ford ecnoline e150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Econoline E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fix myself--idle control, vacuum lines, fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that i want it to run like she should

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
10/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 11 months ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA...have you checked the ignition timing?
Are you still in need of assistance?