Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Night I have a 1994 E350 box truck 351 engine been driving…

Customer Question
This is Richard night...

This is Richard night I have a 1994 E350 box truck 351 engine been driving up sometime now without the without the air filter been having problems with the engine shutting down as I'm driving it's shut down 15 or 20 times it will restart and it'll drive and it will idle but if I'm driving it all of a sudden just shuts down automatically

Mechanic's Assistant: How has your mileage been lately? Have you checked the spark plugs?

No I haven't checked that I'm not I'm thinking that could be possibly part of the problem I've got over 200,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just change the fuel filter because I thought it might be plugging off and shutting the engine off when I saw it when it sucks down it just shuts the whole engine down and I actually have to put it in neutral or park to get it started

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I talked to a mechanic who said that if I've been having an issue with the speedometer gauge jumping back and forth that it could be in the electronic part of the module

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Have you checked the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring?