Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Want to enable horn chirp with key fob lock. It new! 2013…

Customer Question
Want to enable horn...

Want to enable horn chirp with key fob lock

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

It new!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 taruis interceptor police disabled it as well as back window control

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Interceptor yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I have tried programing the fob witch it didn't come with and it locks and unlocks doors but it is still in stealth mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
10/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

I have a fleet of police cars that I maintain.

Unfortunately the police programming is done in the vehicle's PCM. In order to change it you have to have a Ford IDS scan tool. Do you have a Ford dealership nearby that you could take it to for programming?

Please let me know if you need additional info.