Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After completing a phaser, timing chain, oil pump job on my…

Customer Question
After completing a phaser...

After completing a phaser, timing chain, oil pump job on my 2006 NAV and reassembling, the SUV ran beautifully for about 10 minutes then a loud screech started. I opened it back up and everything looked fine except the crank position wheel was a bit torn up from the prior chain and a small mark on the timing chain cover lead me to believe it needed to be replaced. put it all back together and it ran great for about 15 minutes then the squeal came back. Left it overnight and it ran for a good 5 minutes and drove around the block fine but a few seconds after parking it, the noise came back. Very loud noise.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It appears to me to be from the area where the crank exits the case. I removed the belts to eliminate the other pumps, and even had removed the harmonic balancers and still heard the noise. on the second time I had opened it up, I paid close attention to really make sure the harmonic balancer was fully seated.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Ford?

NAV with 5.4. noticed I should have been on next tab.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, see prior messages

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Squeal did not exist prior, went it to fix timing chain, phasers and code 22. no code now, runs great just has deafening noise

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
can load video, you do not support mp4
10/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Have you tried an oil pressure test to see what you are getting during this event?