Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Ford e350 passenger van and they are

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Ford e350 passenger van and they are notoriously unstable when carrying passengers. Can it be converted to a dually for stability - or would can i put wider rims/tires on it? not to carry heavier loads, just to make it more stable.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

I just got the van a few months ago - the tires are in really good shape, it was well maintained.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's an e350, and no. I'm going to have the work done if it is possible

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
10/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

You might be able to install a dually rear end but I have not seen this done myself or heard of it.You would have to have the body flared out and the mounting may be different between the two rear ends.

The best thing to do here is to install heavy duty suspension for a more solid ride as well as wider wheels and tires.This should give you more stability on the road as I have seen several done up like this before.

You can speak with an auto accessory/modify facility in your area as well to see what options they have to make it more solid and stable.They may have a conversion they can do to correct this fault.

These are usually the best options for something like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete