Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm the guy with the Ford F-250 with the stuck hood. I

Customer Question
Hello again! I'm the guy with...
Hello again!
I'm the guy with the Ford F-250 with the stuck hood.
I finally managed to remove the hood latch, and I found out the problem: lack of lubrication! The hood latch cable was fine, but even if it released the locking device, the latch was stuck because of rust! So the blame is on me, neglecting this part for service!
It was rather tricky to remove the bolts from their positions under the hood, but I bought a high quality 3/8" Stahlwille socket set and it did the job.
New fully charged batteries and bang, there it started after a few attempts.
But there are still more to do, so I'll be back for your advice later.
Thank you very much so far!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
10/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
You are very welcome
Sounds good my you just let us know we help more then when you ready
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat