Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The motor down. three scored cylinders and 2 cracked heads.

Customer Question
The motor burnt down...

The motor burnt down. three scored cylinders and 2 cracked heads. While checking it out there wasn't any boost showing. I had tie engine rebuilt,turbos too. When I got it running again still no boost showing. I replaced the air map sensor and the exhaust pressure sensor. it looks like the actuator for the turbos goes to wide open during idle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

No trouble codes. The one on the air cleaner

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 ford f450 with 6.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes It runs fine at idle, just not mush power . I only drove it around the block once. The two sensor is the only two yet What about the other map sensor?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think it has to be something electrical

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, no codes are stored? Ir runs normal, starts normal? No warning lights on?

Yes it has codes stored? Since the engine failed, have you inspected the exhaust system for a restriction?

no restriction
you can hear the turbos out the exhaust and heat

No codes????No warning lights? The heads were rebuilt and the same block used? All new internal parts? relative compression is good. The turbos what?

could it be the map sensor on the manifold. The turbos were rebuilt too. all new parts bored 30 over and crank turned 10-10

I dont know, can you answer my question about warning lights on and any diagnostic trouble codes stored?

2 new heads. I had the same problem with no boost showing after the engine went do, before it was rebuilt No codes no warning lights
I meant down
The engine was extremely hot, boiling when it went down
What sensors tell the actuator what position it should be in?
Are you still with me?
Bye
you sure weren't any help, a real waste of my time and money
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Would you like me to try and help?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician