Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 ford f350. 6.7 powerstroke. It shut off on the…

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...

Hello! I have a 2012 ford f350. 6.7 powerstroke. It shut off on the highway, and no it won't crank. When I turn the key, I hear the starter engage, then all the lights go out and the engine does crank over. Once I let off the key lights come back on. I have checked all the fuses and relays associated with the pcm/tcm. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

I've tried on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried in park and neutral. No go. Yes I've been the one working on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've tried all the fuses and relays. Looked at all the connectors nothing looks bad so far. Replaced batteries, starter, and alternator.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
10/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you know if there are any trouble codes stored?

Hello! Thanks for your reply! No the truck is not showing any codes, and none stored

I can not tell from your response" and no it won't crank. When I turn the key, I hear the starter engage, then all the lights go out and the engine does crank over."

Will the engine crank but not start or will it not event crank?

Their are no engine codes stored. Engine will not crank, and will not start. As soon as I turn the key, I hear the starter engage, but then nothing. The lights go out, then the come back on once the starter disengages

At the starter when trying to start what is the voltage reading on both wires?

Headlights on what is the voltage reading at both batteries at the posts and at the cable connections?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris