Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 ford focus runs rough. I'll likely take it to a shop.

Customer Question
2007 ford focus runs...

2007 ford focus runs rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I'll likely take it to a shop. I'm handy, but if it's the motor mounts, I don't want to try DIY.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Auto. about 60K

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I live in Vienna, VA. Thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the check engine light on?

No, no check engine light is on.

Ok

I find that it's sometimes just the result of the fuel injection needing a good cleaning. You may be able to eliminate this shake by running a couple of cans of injector cleaner through it. This could also clean the valves. If the lights not on then the computer doesn't even see this as a misfire. It is possible the engine mounts are part of the issue, but generally they last a good long time. 60k is not a lot of miles.

You could possible have an issue with the hose to the PCV valve leaking vacuum. You could test this by running the engine and spraying some carb cleaner along the hose. If the engine smooths out or picks up speed, then you have a leak. Otherwise I think I would start with the fuel injection cleaning and see if there is any change.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!