Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 ford f250 power stroke - changed oil, now wont stay…

Customer Question
2006 ford f250 power...

2006 ford f250 power stroke - changed oil, now wont stay running. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

I just did it today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Smoked some white smoke at stop light, then loss of power and died. now it cranks runs for 30 sec and dies.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just tell me how to get it to run to trade in on a chevy LOL ok thnaks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
10/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, you said you saw white smoke. So you did the oil change and it was ok for awhile. Then white smoke and it wont keep running? Is it low on coolant? No warning lights on when it will run? Any modifications done to the truck?

Hello?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician