Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cant figure out how to remove torque converter bolts20 11…

Customer Question
Second opinion] cant figure out...
Second opinion] cant figure out how to remove torque converter bolts20 11 fiesta....cant seem to get tranny in nutrealJA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Fiesta. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?Customer: doing a motor swap
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 10 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, there is no torque convertor, this is an Automatically Shifting Manual Transmission. It uses a dual clutch. It uses 6 clutch nuts that secure the clutch to the flywheel ( like a torque convertor). The starter will need to be removed to gain access to the flywheel and a rubber dust cover. Then you can access the clutch nuts one at a time by turning over the crankshaft in a clockwise direction only.

Do you need more help with this concern?