Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to know if my motor is a non interference motor or not…

Customer Question
Need to know if...

Need to know if my motor is a non interference motor or not timing belt tensioner snapped the bolt off vin number is *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Nope just need to know which motor

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Need to know the year make and model as well as engine size please.

2002 Ford Escort with 2.0 liter engine I think the model is a LX

The only Ford 2.0 engine that is an interference engine it the 2.0 double over head cam engine in the ZX2 Focus, your 2.0 with the SOHC is not an Interference engine and no valve damage should have occurred.

2.0L SOHC Gasoline (Escort, Focus & Tracer) Non-Interference

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.