Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fan blows but no hot air. thought I would try to flush the…

Customer Question
Fan blows but no...

Fan blows but no hot air. thought I would try to flush the heater core before replacing it. how to go about that ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

I guess a leak. I put coolant in it last year but it is still blowing cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

07 Ranger 4 cyl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Was thinking of myself. If it is something that I can do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Before you consider replacing the heater core lets check the flow through it, to do this start the engine and warm it up to normal operating temp and then turn the heater on and go out under the hood and place your hands on both hoses at the firewall where they connect and lets see if both hoses are getting nice and hot. Check this and let me know what you find and we can work from there.

Can not check hoses now. I am at work also on light duty/knee injury. What is the latest time I can call you ?

Im here all day most everyday, check them when you can and post back and we can work from there when your ready.

Don't respont. These prices in side bar are outrageour

I have no control over there pricing, I am only trying to help you get your heater issue resolved and am paid nothing with out a rating from you. Thanks just the same. Im here if needed.