Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key won’t turn in the ignition. Steering wheel locked.

Customer Question
The key won’t turn...

The key won’t turn in the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel locked. Key not damaged or worn. Anti theft light is blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

09 edge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just keep trying the key. Locked and unlocked the doors

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 11 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Try pulling the wheel hard to the left or right while turning the key and see if it start and the steering wheel unlocks. It may be stuck against the steering wheel lock pin.