Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My f150 brake pedal feels like I'm stepping on a brick. I…

Customer Question
My f150 brake pedal...

My f150 brake pedal feels like I'm stepping on a brick. I have changed the power booster and it hasn't helped. Someone told me it was a vacuum leak but i can't find it

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

I guess same as the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

Ins't the problem but when youhit the pedal you don't know if it is gonna stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've put the new booster on is all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
10/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

ok

With the truck running, if you remove the vacuum line from the booster is there full engine vacuum there?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

I disconnected the vacuum and the motor revved up

Ok. Is there vacuum at the line at the brake booster?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician