Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

While replacing the regulator on window the window got off…

Customer Question
While replacing the regulator...

While replacing the regulator on window the window got off track and is stuck in a slanted position and won't go up or down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 F150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, replacing the window regulator with crank window

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The window looks like it got off on the sides but now it won't move

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 10 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

great

To get the window straight again, you will need to loosen the window run on both sides of the door. THat will allow a little room on the sides of the glass. You may have to unbolt the glass from the regulator again. And you will have to try and tilt the glass and get it back in the run on both sides, then lower it down straight and bolt it back to the regulator.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

where is the window run?
bolts

On door behind the panel. If you look you will see the rubber going down inside the door where the glass rides. There is a bracket coming off of that rubber that is used to bolt the run down.