Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Came to a car wash and once done car wouldn't starr. Power…

Customer Question
Came to a car...

Came to a car wash and once done car wouldn't starr

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Power work and lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Ford fusion 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just went and got a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Still not turning over

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

With the key in the run position is the theft light flashing?

Any aftermarket electronics on this vehicle?

No
Had an engine put in about two weeks ago

No to which question?

Theft light not flashing

The engine is not cranking in park and neutral?

No it's not
I just paid $5 for no assistance
This is a rip off

Sorry you feel that way. I have to ask questions to get all the info I need prior to posting an answer. Are you wanting to continue or close the question?

I have answered your questions
There is power and everything

Remove the starter relay, hold the key in the start position, are there 2 pins with battery voltage?

two pins

Turn the key to the run position, briefly jump a wire from pin 30 to 87, does the engine crank and start?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris