Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

07 freestar dies on acceleration. the red security and the…

Customer Question
07 freestar dies on...

07 freestar dies on acceleration. the red security and the battery light come on also when its about to die. idles perfectly and no problem when giving it slow gas up to 3000 rpm. have checked the pcm for water it looked ok. dried it with hair drier.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

Yes i have. good battery and strong charge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freestar yourself? What have you tried so far?

No check engine light. no air leaks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 10 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

You are now connected with a mechanic.

I am very sorry you're having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

• I don't know your skill level or background.
  • I also don't know the vehicle's history other than what you have and provide me with here on this page.
  • Please keep in mind, I cannot see the vehicle and I am not there to run the tests and check things as needed. My answers are solely based on the information you provide me with.
  • If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please request a phone call on your end and will call you right away.
  • If you don't understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.
  • Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you saying that the engine actually stalls when accelerating or does it just bog down?

The check engine light is not on and there are no codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?