Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The temperature gauge rises up to normal whit in 5 minutes…

Customer Question
The temperature gauge rises...

The temperature gauge rises up to normal whit in 5 minutes and if i go on a long journey and i go over 65 mph it go up to hot and if i drop down below 65 it go bad to normal then have to pull over to and to release the pressure from the water reservoir and put some more water in and i can on for a another 50 miles before doing it again

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Journey?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes new water pump new thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would it be the coolant temperature sensor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
10/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

first we need to check for air pockets ,was correct bleeding done when pump & thermostat replaced ,where they replaced to solve the over heating issue

the fact that it is building pressure and you have to release tells me ,it is not the sensor if it was it will show hot but not actually hot and building pressure

clogged radiator will show under load ?

are you using coolant where you have to add and there is no leaks

lets start here & we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Ron, ASE Certified Technician