Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It appears that something in my sunroof has broken. The

It appears that something...

It appears that something in my sunroof has broken.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

The sunroof will open but does not close completely

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ford?

2012 F250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing myself. This happened today so looking for someone to tell me where to go and approximate cost to repair.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

10/1/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so are you more partial to dealerships or independent shops? Also does the sunroof move at all?

I don't have a preference.
The sunroof does move.

ok so what your zip code, and depending on what is broken could be anywhere from a few hundred $ to over 1000$ on repair as some parts are separate and some come as a assembly in that particular system

78634

http://www.covertford-hutto.com/

this is the best one that is closest to you, And I always prefer the dealer as they have knowledge of these systems more than a independent and will actually save you money with there knowledge

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for the help. I am good with the answers received.