Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Keeps overheating..coolant level is at level. .but still…

Keeps overheating..coolant level is...

Keeps overheating..coolant level is at level. .but still keeps overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

No leak..only issue I found was a bad o ring at fill cap

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 Ford escape 4w 6cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Problem just started..right now sitting at a o Reilly waiting for it to cool down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It had a leak,but that was months ago..and was a bad hose

10/1/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

chances are it has a bad thermostat. I would start there. there may be little or no circulation

Roy

Hummm..ok..if not..water pump ?
Flow seems to be fine..pressure on coolant system hose shows open..belts look good..at a loss

can you remove the cap when it is running hot??

Ya..cooled done enough. .can start with it open

I would start by replacing the thermostat first before going in any other direction

Roy

Ok misspoke. .when overheating. .no I can't. .will spew...dumb enough to have done that ..ha ha

replace the thermostat.

do you need any other help???

please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. it is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest