Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Midas changed battery & connectors,now you put it in drive…

Customer Question
Midas changed battery &...

Midas changed battery & connectors,now you put it in drive it slips,barely moves,until you drop it down to second,then has to be shifted manually

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes,I am 45 yr. Journeyman diesel tech

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

99 expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had stroke ,have to bring it to shops now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was fine before they did that,what did they short

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 8 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The engine computer is what controls the transmission shifting. Have the fuses under the hood been checked?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Ok did u read the question?

yes

they put comp.on it,said the torque clutch,& other codes for trans
They also put fuel pump in,a

If I could have the actual codes that would be helpful. Check the connection at the battery. Did they make a good connection to all the cables?

Cables were loose,car died,then changed fuel pump,now trans prob.in less then 3 days,u know every action there's reaction,should have never took it to Midas.
No ideas

No. I feel I dont have enough information to go on here. I need some codes or something. I have no idea what they could have done. I will opt-out. If you can get me the codes I can try to narrow down the issue.

Disabl
I figure it out,thanks any way