Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 F350 will not turn with key. Replaced shifter position…

Customer Question
2000 F350 will not...

2000 F350 will not turn with key. Replaced shifter position sensor on transmission, replaced ignition switch in column. It will start by jumping solenoid on passenger side fender. There is no power to transmission selector sensor nor power to white/pink wire for clutch jumper. Even when power applied here, will not turn.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no power tall to selector on transmission.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jumping the solenoid on on the passenger side fender well starts it. Replaced other parts from working truck with no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know what.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Here is the wire diagram https://www.dropbox.com/s/2izdlfcpdwx0emi/dieslestart.pdf?dl=0 and does fuse 20 under the dash power up when trying to start?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris