Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cant fill my tank. Spits out like its full when its empty.

Customer Question
I cant fill my...

I cant fill my tank. Spits out like its full when its empty

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

07, F150 STX 5.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, It should be simple

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ford_Service, Ford/Lincoln Svc & CR manager replied 11 months ago
Ford_Service
Ford_Service, Ford/Lincoln Svc & CR manager

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. On your filler neck, you have two different tube assemblies. One if for the fuel to exit the fuel nozzle, travel down the tube, and fill the tank. The other tube, a smaller one, is in place to allow the air in the tank to be pushed out as the fuel level raises in the tank. If fuel is being spit out of the fill tube, it is most likely that the air tube connection at the tank (on the smaller tube) is blocked (usually by a collapsed rubber hose that joins the tube to the tank). The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to verify that the smaller tube attached to the fuel tank is free of any obstruction and the attaching hose is not internally collapsed. Rectify the air leaving the tank via the main fill tube and your problem will be rectified. I would be inclined to think that the attaching hose form the small tube to the tank is internally collapsed. If you have any questions, please reply. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!