Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1995 7.3 PSD, starts and runs with starting fluid, stall…

Customer Question
1995 7.3 PSD, starts...

1995 7.3 PSD, starts and runs with starting fluid, stall right away once you stop spraying

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Hmmm, no front clip on it right now, but two fully charged batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '95 Ford?

F-350,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dually, with a sleeper on it...some kind of custom rig we picked up about a year ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We bought the truck about a year ago with the engine begun to be taken apart, water pump, oil pump and a few other things taken off. Supposedly ran but smoked a little. So today, we put a few things back together, hooked up two good batteries and after maybe 3 or 4 minutes of attempted starts, it fired up with starting fluid, as long as you keep spraying starting fluid it runs, stop shooting In the starting fluid, it stalls...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
10/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 11 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** the oil level correct?