Ford

Connect one-on-one with a verified ford mechanic who will answer your question

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

More related answers
All ford mechanics are VERIFIED
My truck 2012 Ford 6.7 was running and show power engine
Ray M.
Ray M., Diesel Technician
My truck 2012 Ford 6.7 was running and show power engine reduced and 100 feet awey shoot off its crank but don't start … read more
2011 f 350 6.7. Check engine light came on. Losing power
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
2011 f 350 6.7. Check engine light came on. Losing power brought to mechanic he changed dirty air filter sent me on my way. Drove down the street got beeping reduced power light and oil light came on.… read more
I truly believe the wrong engine oil was put in my 6.7
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
I truly believe the wrong engine oil was put in my 6.7 Diesel engine. Within 30 miles of leaving the oil change facility my engine was knocking real hard. I stopped, had it towed to oil change facilit… read more
I want to check the soeed sensor in differentisl to with a
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I want to check the soeed sensor in differentisl to with a multimeter what should value be… read more
Ford f 250 powerstroke: I have a 2015 ford f250 with the diesel
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
I have a 2015 ford f250 with the diesel since April. Oil looked extremely dirty @ 1100 miles so change it and filter with rotela 10-30. Now have 2500 miles on the 2nd oil change and the oil again look… read more
f150 Harley Davidson: Hello Kenny. One week ago Ford flashed
James, Bachelors degree automotive technology with minor in diesel
Hello Kenny. One week ago Ford flashed and reprogrammed my computer back to factory specs on my 02 f150 Harley Davidson. The truck ran great for the week. On Sunday I cleaned the engine compartment. L… read more
2007 Ford F150 FX4: serviced..oil change, tire rotation and inspection
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Technician
I have a 2007 Ford F150 FX4. I just had it serviced at the dealer about 10 days ago - oil change, tire rotation and inspection. No problems found and no additional services recommended. When I was dri… read more
Ford F450 Super Duty Pickup I have a 2011 F450 with a 6.7
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE MASTER TECH, REPAIR FACILITY OWNER
I have a 2011 F450 with a 6.7 diesel in my shop. I t came in for an oil change and fuel filter change. THe customer brought filters from ford ( Motorcraft box) The fuel filter only had 1 filter in th … read more
2008 Ford: 25 miles per gallon in past, lived in iowa
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
2008 Ford, 44000 miles. 25 miles per gallon in past, lived in Iowa, now moved to Las Vegas and my milage is approx 19.1 average. Is there anything I should check to inrease my milage and get it back c… read more
Ford Focus: stop sign..cleaned air filter..spark plugs..cleaner
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
Hi! I own a Ford Focus 2000, I brought it new. I haven;t had any big problems until now. When I stop at a red light or stop sign the the stalls or almost stalls. I had ejectors cleaned air filter didn… read more
2003 F250: 4x4 v10..when I tow I get 8 or 9 miles to the gal..my mile
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
I have ford 2003 F250 4x4 v10 . I get 12 miles to the gal. and when I tow I get 8 or 9 miles to the gal. is there some thing i can do to up my mile per gal.… read more
2004 ford explorer: /d light blinking..overhaul..gearbox..senser
Scott W.
Scott W., Diesel, Automatic trans, full line tech
hi i have a 2004 ford explorer. the past 10 months my o/d light blinking with check transmation, and it hard to shift to 3ed. i check with comuter and found 2 silution 1. overhaul the gearbox 2. chang… read more
03 Ford F-250: serviced..engine oil..Fuel filter..rail
Ssholar
Ssholar, Team Leader Shop Foreman
I have an '03 Ford F-250 power stroke diesel. I recently serviced it by changing engine oil filter and engine oil (15W-40) and changed the air cleaner, Fuel filter both on the engine and frame rail. I… read more
F250 Super Duty: driven..shifted..the fuel filter & oil/filter
Ray M.
Ray M., Diesel Technician
I have not driven my F250 Super Duty 7.3 diesel very much in the last four months (less than 300 miles) and today while driving it bogged down during acceleration, failing to shift or shifted very har… read more
2005 ford focus: wagon..it could be a dirty air filter
lostrider
lostrider, lead technician/working shop foreman
i have a 2005 ford focus wagon and now the engine light has come on and i was told that the light will come on if i need to change the oil. I want to know if this is true or not also was told that it … read more
ford: powerstroke..first gear to second under load/let off throttle
j_ramsey
j_ramsey, High School or GED
01 ford 350 powerstroke/will not shift first gear to second under load/let off throttle and it will shift… read more
1997 ford f150: manual transmission..recall..the spark plugs
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
I have a 1997 ford f150 manual transmission that has suddenly started missing and the engine light has come on. Do you have any ideas on what could be the problem? I can't recall the last time the spa… read more
2005 Explorer: In May, I had my filter and oil changed, and 2 months
Fordster
Fordster, Mastertech
I have a 2005 Explorer. Up until this year I have had no problems. In May, I had my filter and oil changed, and 2 months later the oil was dirty. I brought it to another mechanic, thinking maybe the f… read more