Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 ford focus it won't go over 10mph and keeps…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 ford focus it won't go over 10mph and keeps dieing on me

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Vacuum hose and coolant lines

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

I just got this car. It has 201598 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My husband said its suxing and missing and there's no air coming from the tail pipe

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
9/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Ok
I am at work and cannot talk on the phone

The first thing he will want to check if the exhaust flow seems low is to check and see if there is a restriction in the catalytic converter, the best way to do this would be to loosen the exhaust at the manifold till you have a very healthy leak and then take the car for a drive. If the power returns then that would indicate the converter is plugged. If the power is still not there then the next thing he will want to do is to install a flue pressure gauge and read the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure on this engine needs to be at least 30 PSI. Anything lower then 30 would indicate a failing fuel pump. Let get theses things checked first and let me know the results and we can work from there if need be.

OK great I'll let him know

Please do and Im here if needed as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician