Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Looking for location of throttle position sensor on a 2006…

Customer Question
ok looking for location of...
ok looking for location of throttle position sensor on a 2006 f350 6.0 powerstroke
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
its not on the pedal , i do have the part just need location
9/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 11 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.

Does your 6.0L have California emissions? There is a throttle position sensor on the pedal on all vehicles and on California and green state models there is another on the EGR throttle plate on the intake manifold. Could you upload a picture of the part you are trying to install? You can attach it using the paperclip icon on this chat window.

James.

Ok thank you. The sensor you have is for a gas engine application, either a 5.4 or a 6.8L. I ran it through NAPA online and that's the only sensor they show available for a 06 f-250. I called our local store and the problem is that the NAPA database has no listing for engine options. Basically the sensor they sold you is not the correct part and they do not have a listing for the right one, but their system is vague about it. The only throttle position input used for your 6.0L is the accelerator pedal position sensor. I ran it through several online applications and it appears that the sensor is only available from the dealer. This is because it is not serviced separately from the accelerator pedal.