Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cruise control shuts off, little wrench comes on dash,

Customer Question
cruise control shuts off...

cruise control shuts off, little wrench comes on dash, losses power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

Where is fuse located? 3.0 liter v-6

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 ford escape limited, flex fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not able to, handicapped.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you out tonight.

Which fuse are you trying to locate?

Ford Mechanic: davehop, Ford Technician replied 9 months ago
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician

Hello and welcome to JA....the little wrench light is indicating that the system has detected a fault....most likely in the electronic throttle body system, which will cause the cruise control to be unable to be controlled by the PCM....can you get to an advanced auto, pep boys, or auto zone store? They will scan your vehicle for free, and you can tell me what warning code(s) are stored in the system. This will make it easier for me to assist you in determining what is wrong with your vehicle.