Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

06 ford fusion - the ac works perfectly but no heat. Coolant…

Customer Question
06 ford fusion -...

06 ford fusion - the ac works perfectly but no heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level is ok , if the thermostat wasn't working wouldn't it run hot ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself , haven't tried anything yet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 10 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Do you have dual climate controls for passenger and driver temperature settings or standard temperature control?

standard
please type

Ok. Sounds like your electronic temperature blend door motor is bad and stuck in the cold position. Below are directions for replacing the actuator.

It is mounted under the drivers side of the dash on the evaporator case near the gas pedal

thank you - I'll give it a try

Your welcome. Please keep me informed if you need any more help with this problem.