Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Ford Focus hatchback with a out rear turn

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Ford Focus hatchback with a burnt out rear turn signal. I've removed the wingnut from inside the trunk & the screw on the outside of the cover but it still won't come off. It seems to be stuck at the top of the cover. What am I missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No, I can see from the cover that the bulb is burnt out & the other side works fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to change a bulb. As I said, I removed the wingnut inside the trunk & the screw on the outside cover. It is sticking at the top when I try to pull it off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 10 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

If you got the wingnut off from inside the hatch and the screw out from the outside, you will have to carefully pull the taillight assembly up and away from the body. There are retaining pins that clip into the body that also hold the light in place. You can use a plastic pry bar to help, but do not pry on the actual lens, try to get behind the very back of the tail light housing. They can be a little tight, but it will release.