Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I'm trying to replace the water pump. The tool I have to

remove the fan with seems...
I'm trying to replace the water pump. The tool I have to remove the fan with seems to be to big? Trying to figure out how to get the fan off?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Yes, what can I use to remove the fan assembly with if the removal wrenches are not the right size?
9/29/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me what your working on please, need the year, make and model as well as engine size.

2008 Ford Explorer 4x4, 4.0 6 cylinder. I'm trying to replace the water pump and the tool I rented to pull the fan assembly is too big for the job. It's the another way to get the assembly off?
When would be the earliest that the mechanic would call?
I hope you are not charging me for this? I have received no answer yet.

The correct wrench is the 303-239 (T84T-6312-C) which is the holding wrench and the 303-240 (T84T-63112-D ) is the Fan Clutch Nut wrench. If you do not have access to these you can also take a Air hammer and place your bit on the side of the nut on the clutch and hammer it a few time and it will usually come loose.

Watch this Video, it will work for you if you do not have the correct wrench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmf70829x_g

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Master Service Technician
Phone call session started
I have not received a phone call. So why am I being billed?

I have not called and I did not try to call. I did how ever send you the steps to get the fan off if you do not have access to the right wrench. Did you watch the video I sent you. I have used this method many times and it works well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician