Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Maserati GTS driven yesterday, today get in and turn key and…

Customer Question
Maserati GTS driven yesterday...

Maserati GTS driven yesterday, today get in and turn key and won't turnover but all seems ok. Gear Shifter locked and on't go into neutral. I released key using button behind ignition but can't figure how to release gear shift. I tried what manual says which is poke down through hole behind shifter but can't find the magic button, solenoid or whatever.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2013. You mean the park brake ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Maserati?

GT Sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put that in the first response

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
9/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Can you have a helper check and see if there is any brake lights and let me know?

There are brake lights. I just need to know how to release the gear shift lever. The manual has a vague reference to using a "tool" to push on the gearshift locking mechanism while slightly moving the lever toward N. Your not going to be able to help me unless you have manually released the gear shift lever on a Maserati GT S before. Have you ?
I will be glad to have you call me if you know Maserati's. Do you ?

No I haven't, for some reason this came up in the ford category. I will open it up for the other experts.

Please stand by, if anyone has any info they will help you.

This is very frustrating because I started on a screen that said Maserati questions then when I paid my $5 it changed to Ford.
Hello ?
that's it then. Nobody answering now ?
Ron, ASE Certified Technician