Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The 3.5L V6 engine of my 2008 Ford Taurus Limited rattles…

The 3.5L V6 engine...

The 3.5L V6 engine of my 2008 Ford Taurus Limited rattles when it starts up after sitting overnight.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It sounds like the timing chain or it could also be a lifter and this has been going

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I intend to fix it myself, however; I am seeking help in making a accurate diagnosis!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I suspect that the problem is related to oil drain back when the engine rest over night. Could this be caused by the oil filter.

9/29/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1-The issue could be the Oil Screen in the oil pan clogged up , sludge in the oil pan , do you change oil regularly on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
I change my oil at the required schedule, which is 3000 miles or three months whichever comes first.
Phone call session started

check this diagram