Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Good battery new starter still seem that starter will not…

Customer Question
Good battery new starter...

Good battery new starter still seem that starter will not ingage

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Single

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 exploer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced the starter with no change in the click

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 10 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Battery cable ends at the battery terminal that have corrosion can cause this issue. Or general high resistance on the cable that runs from the battery to the starter. Or a poor ground at the black wire at the starter. You can check by using a jump pack and putting the cables on the starter and the bock. And apply power to the starter solenoid and see if the starter will engage. Essentially bypassing the battery cable on the car. One other thing to check is to make sure you can turn the motor manually with a socket on the crank pulley bolt.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.