Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2012 6.7 diesel. had to charge it up do to a dead…

Customer Question
Have a 2012 6.7...

Have a 2012 6.7 diesel. had to charge it up do to a dead battery. me leaving the key on. started up then just shut off. engine light and battery light on now

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

Started up fine ran for about 3 seconds then shut off. Turns over good almost like something electrical.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2012 Ford f250 6.7 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was dead this morning, put a battery charger on it for about 10 miutes and got it started. Drove into work but the engine light was on. went to start it and started for about 3seconds then immeditaly shut off. took off the positive cables for about 2 to 3 minutes and put back on. still wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 10 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so it ran ok until you shut it down and now it cranks and wont start? Just a check engine light is on? Are there any modifications done to the truck? Performance chip etc?