Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Took damper off 2.0-2016,didn't touch chain or turn

Customer Question
Took damper off 2.0-2016,didn't...

Took damper off 2.0-2016,didn't touch chain or turn motor,cams were on exhaust stroke,&damper was lined up,with timing kit,can I still put bar on cams & line up damper &spin & timing bolt & be in time.with new damper bolt&washer?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

9,500 car was wrecked .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Ford?

Focus tit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,have it all apart,timing chain cover broke at motor mount.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I put in time on exhaust stroke ?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 10 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can I have the VIN#?