Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 ford escape and my ac is blowing hot air we…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 ford escape and my ac is blowing hot air we replace the fuse already and it work for a while but now its not working again Do u think it is blown again

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

No I only looked at one

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am where is the other one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I replace it it was only 20 amp

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 10 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

What fuse box, under the hood or under the dash, and what fuse # location in that fuse box did this 20 amp fuse come from?

under thr hood and it already said 20

Below is a diagram of the fuse box under the hood. I need to know what location it is in.

second row 1 and second one

Can you tell me the fuse location number listed in the diagram please?

Like #1 or #8

second row 1 and second one does not make sence

r7 and r8

R8 is the cooling fan relay and R7 starter relay. They are not fuses.

ok thank u

You stated you replaced a 20 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box.

What location was that fuse in?

r8 it ws yellow and said 20

R8 is a relay, not a fuse.

ok i have an extra relay its blk right

Hold on. Stop everything.

Before we go any farther, I need to know the exact location of the yellow fuse that had a 20 on it that was blown and you replaced. Do not remove any relays.

it was in the location r8

It cannot be R8. That is a relay and not a fuse.

Any of the location numbers that have an "R" in them are relays, not fuses.

The fuses are numbered 1 through 25

ok np thank u

Your welcome.