Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The theft light is on and my car won’t cut on. What you mean…

Customer Question
The theft light is...

The theft light is on and my car won’t cut on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

What you mean reset the computer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Fort mustang 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and I locked n unlocked the door back an forth did a jump sat in the engine for 10-15 mins

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No maam

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 10 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

You are now connected with a mechanic.

I am very sorry you're having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

• I don't know your skill level or background.
  • I also don't know the vehicle's history other than what you have and provide me with here on this page.
  • Please keep in mind, I cannot see the vehicle and I am not there to run the tests and check things as needed. My answers are solely based on the information you provide me with.
  • If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please request a phone call on your end and will call you right away.
  • If you don't understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.
  • Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you looking for some possible causes or are you looking for some help diagnosing this condition?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

OK
Are you looking for some possible causes or are you looking for some help diagnosing this condition? Have you checked for codes in the computer?
What computers

No worries.

Have you tried using another ignition key?

I only have one key

Thank you for that information.

This condition is caused by one of two things (provided the fuses are good)

Either your ignition key has failed and is preventing the engine from starting

OR

The PATS transceiver around the ignition lock cylinder has failed and will need to be replaced.

how can you check and see

This is best done using a factory scan tool.

If you had another key, you could try that.

If not, then I would recommend to start by pulling codes stored in the computer.

You can get a scan tool for cheap online and it plugs into the diagnostic connector under the dash to retireve codes.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Do you have any further questions sir?