Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2003 ford windstar and around a couple of months ago,

Customer Question
the passenger side window does...
i have 2003 ford windstar and around a couple of months ago, the passenger side window does not go down at all.now today, the driver side windows does not go down. if i press the switch, i hear a click on the front dash area when trying the drivers side, when trying the passenger side, i hear no click at all.what can this be?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

More than likely it is going to be a failure of the drivers switch or a broken wire in the door jam on the drivers side. Now if you understand electrical testing and have a tool to do so I can help you figure this out.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Please walk me through the areas to test.

Lets first off remove the passenger switch.

Voltage test the light blue/black wire, it should be power with the key on.

OHM test the tan/light blue wire and white/yellow wire, both should be ground.

I forgot to state. When passenger window went out, couldn’t open passenger window from both passenger and drivers switch so would be odd for both drivers and passenger switch to go out at same time.

Thanks for the extra details. I am trying to see what the passenger switch is not getting. So far I do not believe the passenger switch or motor is to blame but we need to make sure with these tests.

do i still test the passenger side switch?

Yes we do, still need to do the tests I outlined.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago

Are you still needing help on this concern?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician