Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My clutch is getting to where i have very little peddle

Customer Question
left. Also my master cylinder...
My clutch is getting to where i have very little peddle left. Also my master cylinder just started to leak could that be the causeof the clutch
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
9/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If the master cylinder is leaking it can cause air into the system and effect the slave cylinder for the clutch resulting in a low clutch. Beside the lower pedal , is the clutch slipping?

Not that I notice just very little. Peddle
not that I have noticed

As long as your clutch is not slipping then the problem is likely due to the leaking master cylinder. I would get it replaced and bleed the system and that should bring your pedal back up where it should be.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.